Help Wanted: Wildcards!
Are you someone who is burning to make a difference? Someone who values doing good over a whopping salary? Do you want flexibility in your job? Benetech wants to hear from you! It’s hard for most organizations to accommodate nonstandard approaches to work. There are jobs that need doing, and most places have a standard model for doing them. However, Benetech is not a standard place! Consider what makes Benetech unique:
- Women Majority: The majority of Benetech’s executives, managers, professional staff and overall team are women. How many tech companies can say that!
- Rights-focused: Advancing the human rights of disadvantaged people is central to our work. We help the people who most need it, not those who can most afford it.
- Flexibility: We expect the work to get done, and provide our professional staff a high degree of flexibility on how to get it done.
What’s the catch? Well, we’re a nonprofit: organized as a charity. And while we pay quite well by nonprofit standards, there is no stock plan. If making top dollar is a personal requirement or the chance to make social good doesn’t make your heart sing, stop reading, we’re not your next gig.
- If you are someone with amazing skills who is looking for a way to give back using those talents, read on.
- If you are looking for a path to reenter the workplace, but need the flexibility or hours to spend parts of the day at home, read on.
- If you have made an exit, but playing golf all day is not your idea of nirvana, read on.
- If you have a great idea for a job share, read on.
- If you would like to try the nonprofit sector on for size, read on.
- Marketing and communications
- Software development
- Accounting and finance
- Community management