NetSquared

Although I have stayed in town pretty much this month, I've done a ton of stuff around the area. The NetSquared conference just wrapped up, and it was a lot of fun. Networking with people I know is always great, and I found the premise of this year's program different and exciting.

Larry Goldberg and Daniel Ben Horin in a red latin american woven poncho

Netsquared had picked 21 projects to run through two days of pitches concluding with voting from the attendees. The top group won a prize of $25,000, and that was Maplight, a group that connects political donations to legislative votes. Freecycle and Miro were the runners up. I love Freecycle! Four million items traded for free each month around the globe. I think they could use more funding, too.

I took lots of pictures, and they are posted on Flickr as the NetSquared collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing Millions of Books to Billions of People: Making the Book Truly Accessible

10X: CEO’s Update: Spring 2014

President's Update: Summer 2008