Emmet Labs: saw a demo at TED

I saw a neat demonstration at TED, when I got the chance to meet Janice Fraser of Emmet Labs. The idea is to have stories about people in the past, and the connections between people, with a wiki approach with some extra structure. The focus is on pre-1970, so we have lots of kings and queens featured. But, I think Stevie Wonder is the top person in connections (example, when Stevie dedicated I Just Called to Say I Love You to Nelson Mandela while he was imprisoned, his music was banned in South Africa).

I like their motto about submitting material: "Be nice. Don't steal. Tell the truth."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Jim Goes to Washington (and New York, and Nairobi, and Seoul, and Kampala, and Boston…)

Open Source Means Strong Security

Proud Father and Husband: Concert in Palo Alto